Saturday, April 12, 2008

Gen. Petraeus' Latest Appearance Before Congress, As It Should Have Been Reported



The IMAO blog has done it again! Its unconventional way of describing how Congress' grilling of General Petraeus went warmed the cockles of my defective but incurably neocon heart. :-)

Some excerpts:

Mugging for the cameras, Senator and leading presidential candidate Barack Obama suggested what he called 'a practical exit strategy'. "When I was in high school - back when they still called me Barry and I looked even more like Urkel than I do now - people used to tape 'kick me' signs on my back. This proved to be a very effective method of getting people to kick me. So why don't we just put 'don't shoot me' signs on the backs of our troops and run away?"

Petraeus pointed out the obvious flaw in Obama's theory, noting that the 'don't ask me stupid questions' sign Petraeus had worn to the hearings had been a 'dismal failure'. However, he DID encourage Obama to wear 'kick me' signs at every opportunity in the future.

"All your strategies are interesting," said Senator Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.), "but they all seem to result in an American victory. We want America to lose. Do you have any strategies that will make America lose?"

UPDATE: From the same source, the ideal way for President Bush to deal with ex-President Jimmy Carter's latest escapade, consorting with the enemy (Hamas) in Syria.

No comments: