Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Consumer Advisory: Beware of TheLadders


With so many people desperately looking for work these days, the last thing they need is a job-hunting services that charges money for information that they usually can get for free on Monster.com or Indeed.com. Nick Corcodilos of "Ask the Headhunter" has a few choice words on the subject. And here's what one less-than-satisfied customer in Colorado had to say: "I tried the Ladders for one month earlier last year....My experience was that at least 85% of their listings were also on Free sites like Indeed, Monster, etc. I was paying for a tiny few jobs that were unique just to the Ladders, which was not worth the monthly fee. I continue to use the Free Basic service on Ladders occasionally, which is just like any other site."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Charles,

Thanks for the link and for bringing this topic to the fore. Now, why didn't I think to name my blog what you named yours???

Nick

"Doc Adler" said...

Nick, the reason I chose the name "Bloodthirsty Warmonger" for this blog is because I wanted to turn what the Left considers an epithet into a Badge of Pride.:-)