Monday, May 18, 2009

"The Hamburger from Hell"



While passing through Amarillo, TX on Thursday evening [14 May 2009], we stopped at the Coyote Bluff Cafe, mainly because Bill K. had heard about the "world's hottest hamburger," and wanted me to try it out. So I did, and went down the following checklist:

1. Generous layer of jalapeno and habanero peppers - YES
2. Flavor sneaks up from behind - YES
3. Tears roll down the face - YES
4. Sweat forms on forehead - YES
5. Tongue feels as though an army of angry fire ants were marching across it - YES
6. Difficulty breathing - YES
7. Irritation of esophagus and other parts of the digestive tract - YES
8. Visions of dark tunnels, angels, or bright lights - NO
9. Flashback of events in one's life - NO
10. Out-of-body experience - NO

Yes, it was spicy enough to qualify as an attempt on my life, but I was able to endure it much better once the pain subsided & the endorphins kicked in.:-)

One reader of my Facebook page asks: "What did you rate it? on a scale of one to five for heat and overall taste?"

My answer: Heat = 4.75; Taste = 4.0, I guess, but my taste buds were fairly well burned out and I had to judge it on texture & moistness.

1 comment:

Eating The Road said...

I loved this place!
http://eatingtheroad.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/coyote-bluff-cafe/