Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Letter to Lawrence O'Donnell of MSNBC

Finally got the author's permission to run this letter, which was written just before Christmas:

Hi Lawrence,

I was watching your show a few minutes ago and I thought it was really cool to see you describe the situation in Malawi.

I went to Haiti 30 years ago and the place is worse off now than ever.

So I was riveted to the screen thinking to myself, “Wow, that is just so awesome!”

Then it happened…

I cringed to hear it, I could not believe I heard it, and I was so let down that I really did hear it.

You said something about the big Christmas gift to the upper tax bracket from Congress.

I was crushed…

You played the class warfare card. Was that really necessary?

Now I am reminded why I never watch MSNBC.

I thought about it for a few minutes and decided to come type this letter.

My birthday started 57 minutes ago, it is now 12:57am on December 24th.

And what am I doing? Writing a letter to you.

I am not rich. I am unemployed. I am broke. I am a skilled Computer Doctor.

It does not matter, I am crushed to hear you play the class warfare card.

The very people that pay more money than anybody else in the nation, and you show disrespect.

I have never been employed by a poor person.

I only get hired by wealthy people, not poor people.

Seeing you in that nice suit, I can only believe you are a rich person.

You get to travel to Africa, buy desks, and speak on a show.

Why do you disrespect your fellow man because he makes more than you do?

On Christmas Eve no less?

You killed the buzz of your show by that one sentence.

Now you can try to woo this customer back, but it will cost more than if the customer service was good in the first place.

Maybe you will think I shouldn’t be your customer.

That’s fine.

You have lots of competition and I have many choices.

I simply wanted you to understand what killed my buzz of your show.

Maybe you won’t understand.

That’s fine too.

I also want you to know that I find it commendable to get those desks for the kids.

Good job…just keep the class warfare off the show. That was a real buzz kill.

It is now 1:20am and I have given you a half hour of my birthday.


I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,



John Mattacola

Sioux Falls, SD

No comments: