Sunday, June 8, 2008

Another Successful Rocky Mountain Blogger Bash

The Rocky Mountain Blogger Bash 7.5, a curtain-raiser to an even larger celebration (Rocky Mountain Blogger Bash 8.0: The Donkeys in Denver Edition, on 28 August 2008, the last day of the Democratic convention), transpired yesterday as planned at the Corner Office, first floor, Curtis Hotel (14th & Curtis in downtown Denver).

Some of the most popular bloggers in Colorado, such as Stephen Green of VodkaPundit, Zombyboy of ResurrectionSong, and Darren Copeland, showed up, along with much smaller operators such as myself. I was delighted to learn that one of the visitors, Doug Sundseth, was the son of an Air Force major I knew and respected while stationed in Germany! I did the photo coverage of his father's retirement ceremony, but wasn't able to take even one picture with my Panasonic Lumix digital camera because the bar was so dark. The object Doug was wearing which attracted my attention was a custom campaign button that read:

EMBRACE THE SUCK
JOHN McCAIN
2008

Too bad there weren't any extras for me to take home, and if I went to the Republican headquarters here in Colorado Springs, they would either laugh at me or be offended by such an advertising concept.

While looking for a parking space in downtown Denver, I was concerned about a possible radiator leak, but after my car had several hours to cool off, I was able to return home in safety, but will continue to monitor the cooling system to see if anything else goes wrong with it.

No comments: