Thursday, June 19, 2008

This Guy Obviously Needs to Explain Himself

George Graham, in his "Save Our Republic" news site, brought up a most curious article about former Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig. He said that Winnie the Pooh, Luke Skywalker and British football hooligans could shape the foreign policy of Barack Obama if he becomes US President, according to a key adviser. Since George beat me to the punch on this article, I recommend that you click the above link and try to avoid being as confused as I was by his explanation. Statements such as "if it is causing you too much pain, try something else" don't exactly inspire confidence.

UPDATE: A commenter on the Little Green Footballs blog quotes A. A. Milne to illustrates how Pooh foreign policy works out in practice:

"Christopher Robin, you must shoot the balloon with your gun. Have you got your gun?"
"Of course I have," you said. "But if I do that, it will spoil the balloon," you said. "But if you don't" said Pooh, "I shall have to let go, and that would spoil me."
When he put it like this, you saw how it was, and you aimed very carefully at the balloon, and fired.
"Ow!" said Pooh.
"Did I miss?" you asked.
"You didn't exactly miss," said Pooh, "but you missed the balloon."
--from Winnie The Pooh and Some Bees

No comments: