Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ed O'Neill Gets His Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame - In Front of a Shoe Store


The Daily News of Los Angeles reports that veteran actor Ed O'Neill, who played Al Bundy the shoe salesman in "Married...With Children" and now has a current TV series, "Modern Family," received the 2,446th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, in front of the DSW Shoe Warehouse at 7021 Hollywood Blvd. Co-stars Katey Sagal and Sofia Vergara were also there.

Sofia Vergara of "Modern Family" said she has been a longtime fan of O'Neill.

"When I grew up in Colombia, I would watch the show 'Married... With Children,' and never did I think I would marry Al Bundy," she joked.

O'Neill also poked fun at his increasingly younger TV wives.

"You know, I can't help but think right now that as I'm standing here, it's a bit emotional, that somewhere in the world at this moment, in a hospital, a beautiful little baby girl is being born, and when she grows up she's going to be my next wife on TV and I'm looking forward to that day."

No comments: